August 7, 2012

of note: 8/6/2012


1. worked on revising my english 101 syllabus for the fall semester all evening/night last night so this is pretty late, don't worry i slept i'm just writing it now
2. things always take longer than you expect them to. jackson says tasks will usually take the amount of time you have for them, he was quoting or paraphrasing someone and i probably got some of that wrong so i'm not sure if what i just said even resembles what he meant originally. also (case in point from the future (8/7): my mom just walked into my room with a list of groceries in one hand and a diet coke in the other to read me the list and see if i wanted to add anything) living at home with your parents makes everything take longer because they love you and want to talk to you all the time, especially when you appear busy.
3. think i will always remember the summer of 2012 as one of my happiest times but also as the summer my body turned against me via a string of mild-moderate heath problems that so far remain self-diagnosed and self-managed/cured including lactose intolerance and lower back pain, just seems like every time i start to figure out and overcome one type of physical discomfort a new one appears
4. every time i go to the wholefoods in mt. washington i see another shop i want to stop into (charm city cupcakes, uncle wiggly's) but by then i'm too tired of buying food to stop and actually go in
5. read 'measure my waist with a measuring tape in a car park on a hot day (and i will try my best not to write a poem about it)' by lk shaw, really liked the design of it, diy, irl, kewl

No comments:

Post a Comment